Apricot Tree is an NPO in the East Rand that has been catering to the unique needs of special needs learners for the past 10 years and we hope to continue to do so for years to come. In order to fulfil our vision, which is to create a respite centre, where learners can sleepover, be stimulated, feel safe and have basic employment in their adult years, we need the support of the community. As a Centre, we have monthly fundraising events and different fundraising efforts in order to complete our major projects listed on our Wish List (see below).
We would like to appeal to you and/or your company to assist us with any contributions that could help us. This could be in the form of completing or assisting with projects like a building a hydrotherapy pool, sponsoring a learner’s Centre and/or therapy fees or sourcing a modified vehicle for the Centre to transport learners in wheelchairs to and from the Centre or on outings, donations, sponsorships or prizes that can be used to enhance fundraisers which have been organized.
We are a registered public benefit organization and operate as a non-profit organization. All donations will be receipted with a Section 18A tax certificate.
Thank you for making a difference and being part of giving our learners hope for a future!
For more information contact Annette van Niekerk Centre (Administration Fundraising Coordinator) on [email protected] or 082 332 9348
We need support and kind donations from our community to provide our learners with all the necessary equipment to optimise their learning.
We fundraise in order to assist us in acquiring specific items and funding projects that will benefit our learners and provide them with a better future.
- Sponsor a learner (Centre or therapy fees)
- Vending Coffee Machine (Small employment venture)
- Rubber Flooring (for Junior Side
- Playground and Senior side to have a Bocce Ball Team)
- Backing Net for Basket/NetBall (With a net it can assist all our learners to participate in outside sport activities)
- Hydrotherapy Pool (Big project with the renovation of our Adult Centre for the well-being of our learner’s physical needs and future employment opportunities)
- Items for Snoezelen Room (Padding, mirror boards, lights, etc.)
If you would like to make a donation:
Banking Details are as follow:
APRICOT TREE TRUST
# 407 980 2453
Branch Code: 632005
REFERENCE: Name and Contact number